Programs for Healthy Living
Health care consumers want to take charge of their health and their health care spending, while getting the most value from their health care benefits. They want more information and resources to make wiser health care decisions. And, they want these resources right at their fingertips — accessible whenever and wherever they need them.
At Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), we work hard to provide our members with the most innovative, cost efficient and helpful tools to manage their health. Our programs address a wide spectrum of needs from optimizing health to enhancing doctor visits, and each is built upon proven methods.
Sometimes managing your health requires more than doctor visits, lab tests and prescriptions. HCSC, offers the following care management and wellness resources through Blue Care Connection®, a program created to help members and their covered family members reach their health and wellness goals.
Blue Care AdvisorsSM
At the heart of the Blue Care Connection program is our team of Blue Care Advisors, which is made of up registered nurses and other health care professionals. They are ready to work with members and their doctors to provide education, coaching and monitoring. Benefits include:
- Condition Management – For members who are at risk for or already have a chronic condition, this team can provide education, coaching and monitoring. Through regularly scheduled health counseling and coaching telephone calls, Blue Care Advisors can help members identify unhealthy behaviors, set wellness goals, adopt healthier habits and learn to manage medical conditions more effectively.
- Care Management – For members who are in the hospital, or recently visited the emergency room, this team may call to help coordinate any special care they might need including helping them understand their treatment and explaining their health care benefits.
This wellness program also gives members access to:
- Well on Target®, our comprehensive wellness package that includes access to a secure website with an online Health Assessment, interactive tools and trackers, wellness articles as well as telephonic coaching.
- Lifestyle management programs that offer guidance and support to help members stop smoking or manage their weight. These programs use personal coaching and online tools to help change behaviors and stay motivated.
- Our Special Beginnings® maternity program to help mothers-to-be better understand and manage their pregnancy. This maternity program supports them from early pregnancy until 6 weeks after delivery. The program offers identification of high-risk pregnancies, assistance in managing high-risk conditions, online tools, educational videos and much more.
- The 24/7 Nurseline for around-the-clock access to registered nurses who can answer health-related questions any time members need.
- The Fitness Program, which offers affordable access to a nationwide network of fitness centers.
- Blue365® , an online destination for health-focused savings, to help them save on services and products not normally covered by health insurance. With discounts on health-related products, health and fitness clubs, weight-loss programs and so much more, members can decide what choices are right for them while saving money.
Online tools: Around the clock access to your account information
Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM) is our secure member website, offering members around-the-clock access to their health plan information, tools and online services. When they register for BAM, they can:
- Check claims status
- Review Explanation of Benefits statements
- Find a doctor or hospital and get driving directions using Provider Finder®
- Order a replacement ID card or print a temporary card
- Use the Cost Estimator tool to research and estimate costs of services and treatments from doctors, hospitals and other facilities
Mobile Alerts: Tips and notifications sent to your mobile
Members can sign up to receive text or email notifications, reminders and tips for:
- Claims Information Notification — Notifying them when a claim status changes (for example, from "not paid" to "paid").
- Exercise and Fitness Tips — Weekly tips to help enhance their workouts.
- Prescription Drug Reminder — Reminders to take medication or check blood sugar. They choose the time of day and how often to receive reminders.
- Diabetes Diet Tips — Weekly diet management tips to help stabilize insulin levels.
- Heart Healthy Diet Management and Care Management Tips — Weekly messages with heart healthy diet management and/or basic care tips.